Pages

February 26, 2015

Healthy Banana (chocolate chip) Cookies



Block schedule...90 minute periods...4 periods per day.  Just my luck, both study halls land on the same day! Back to back!  Oh yeah, three hours of What should I do now?


What did I do?  Well after finishing an English project, typing a scholarship essay, finishing a scholarship application, and doing a blog post, I decided to make some PB2 Oatmeal Bites.  All that work made me hungry!


So I strolled down to the foods room.  The teacher is super nice and lets me come in and experiment. She must not know how dangerous that is...shhhh, don't tell her! 


After the snack I was all ready to roll up my sleeves and do some baking!  The Menu: Healthy Banana (chocolate chip) Cookies and an Egg Wrap


A couple days ago I found this recipe on Pinterest for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.  There's a catch.  They have no sugar, just bananas.  The lady promised "you will NOT miss the sugar in these cookies at all!"  I just had to try it for myself... 


The first batch was good.  I did alter the original recipe a little bit. They were more cake-y than cookie-y.  A good thing for breakfast! And giving up sweets I had to leave out the chocolate chips.  That probably would have made them more like a cookie.  Overall though, not bad. Next time I may add a little cinnamon, honey, or a second banana. But seriously, try them for yourself!  They were much better than I was expecting!


Start by creaming your butter.  


Add in the banana and vanilla.  You're supposed to mash the banana, but I'm to lazy to do that.  I just sliced it and threw it in.  Turned out fine!


When that's all combined stir in the flour and baking powder...


...until a dough forms.  Then if your adding chocolate chips or raisins or something stir them in now by hand.  


Roll into balls and place on your cookie sheet.  Sample some if you must, it's pretty good!  Shhh...I won't tell :)


Bake 10 minutes or until done.  Cool on a cooling rack.


So one batch makes about 14 cookies, depending on how much dough you eat. I gave away 5, ate 1 out of oven, 1 before gymnastics....let's just say I woke up with 2 left.  Whoops!  Hey, they're healthy right?

Healthy Banana (Chocolate Chip) Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 large banana, mashed
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins, etc. (optional)
Instructions
Cream butter or margarine.
Stir in banana and vanilla.
Add flour and baking powder. Stir until combined.
Roll into balls and and place on cookie sheet.
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Bake 10 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment