Pages

February 4, 2015

Broccoli Cheese Omelet


Another snow day yesterday.  Don't get me wrong, I love a day off, but they're becoming the norm.  Not quite as special as they used to be.  I can't remember the last time we had full week of school!  A five day streak is gonna be rough!

Five days without sleeping in...and relaxing...and having no homework...and making myself nice breakfasts.  I take that back! They're still special!  Bring on the snow days!  Really, who needs to go to school?  

This particular morning I was in the mood for eggs.  Well, I guess every morning I eat eggs.  But this morning I wanted something other than scrambled.  Leftover broccoli, american cheese....omelet?  Let me tell ya, it was delicious!


Heat your pan over medium heat and add the eggs, salt and pepper.  Cover and let em' cook.


When the top is almost set, like so, take your flipper and flip em over.  


It takes some skill to do it like this.  :)  Years of practice!  Hint: shimmy the flipper to get it under the eggs


Now add your fillings and cheese and fold in half.  I'm going to invent half-circle shaped american cheese slices.  Please tell me why they don't sell them already?  They'd go like hotcakes!  At least I'd buy them.  No more ripping up the slice of cheese!  


Let set just until the cheese is warm and melted.  Perfect time to push down your toast!  Voila!  Perfect(ish) broccoli cheese omelet!  



Broccoli Cheese Omelet

by Simple and Sweet Creations
Ingredients (1 omelet)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
  • 1 slice american cheese
Instructions
Heat pan over medium heat.
Add eggs, cover and cook until almost set.
Flip. Add cheese and fillings and fold in half.
Let set until cheese is warm and melted.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment