Pages

February 10, 2015

Tuna Noodle Casserole


They say it’s best to eat pasta the night before a big game. (In my case a gymnastics competition) So, for Friday night I planned some sort of pasta dish. At the beginning of the week I wasn’t quite sure what that dish would be, but I knew I’d think of something good...

Before I knew it, it was Wednesday and I still didn’t have any ideas! Traditional spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread ....BORING! I can totally do better than that! Then it hit me. Tuna Noodle Casserole! Pasta, fish, veggies, it’s like the perfect combination...at least I think so!


Abby, who usually turns up her nose at any of my “healthy” concoctions, actually begged me to make it again! She loved it! :o (Shock face!) Next time I won’t make her try it...more for me! ....I thought you didn’t like tuna, Abby?

Needless to say, the leftovers only lasted one night. Guess I’ll just have to make it again for lunches! Maybe a double batch this time! 




Start by cooking your noodles and broccoli. This time we used "No Yolk" noodles, but really any kind will work! I like wheat rotini...


Drain the tuna.  This is probably my least favorite step.  Why can't they sell "Chunk Light Tuna in No Water"??  I despise draining tuna! To bad I love eating it.


Add the broccoli, tuna, cream of chicken or mushroom or celery soups, and and milk in with the noodles.  


Now give it a good stir...


And pour into a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.  Sprinkle with a little mozzarella cheese.  I've also heard people use breadcrumbs or potato chips.  Never tried it myself, but they say it adds a nice crunch!


Bake at 350º for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is nice a melted.  Doesn't that just look delicious!!  I couldn't resist a little sample...



Okay...maybe it was a serving...

Tuna Noodle Casserole


Ingredients
  • 2 cups noodles
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 10 ounces canned tuna
  • 2 cups broccoli
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Instructions
Cook noodles and broccoli according to package directions.
Stir soups, milk, broccoli and tuna with cooked noodles.
Pour into a large baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Cover bake at 350 F for 20 to 30 minutes.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment