Pages

February 9, 2015

What Should I Give Up For Lent?!




Can you believe Lent is only 10 day away!  AHHHHH!!  I'm not ready yet! I don't know what to give up, what to make for dinner on Fridays, it's just too early!  


Usually  I give up ice cream or dessert.  This year though...mmmmmm that may be impossible.  40 days no ice cream?  No dessert?  Ouch!! 


Plan B: google "what to give up for Lent" and hope I find an equally difficult option!  You'd be surprised people have some great ideas!  Like giving up hair styling tools or 90% of your wardrobe.  And I never really though of it, but you can choose to DO something too.  Like read 10 minutes of the bible or eat dinner as a family every night.  


So (of course!) I made a list of all the things you can give up/do this Lent!  Figured I'd help you out a bit and put all the info on one site.  Of course these are not all my ideas...don't give me all the credit, but I did come up with a few.  Hope this helps you make your decision.  



Things to Give Up


Dessert/Chocolate/Ice Cream/Chips/etc.
Coffee/Pop/etc.
Snacking
Eating Out
Alcohol
Smoking
Swearing
Procrastinating
Complaining
Gossiping
Negativity
Arguing
Lying
Texting
Video Games
Television
Social Media
Pinterest
Snooze Button
Hair Styling Tools
Make Up
Shopping
Credit Card
Parking Close (park far away and pray as you walk)
Elevators
Wardrobe (limit yourself to 4 outfits)


Things to Do

Compliment (3 per day)
Donate (3-5 things per week)
Be Grateful (write a list of 3 per day)
Daily Mass
Family Dinner (every night?)
Bible Reading (10 minutes a day)
Random Acts of Kindness (1 per day)




For all those daring souls giving up dessert or ice cream this year....good luck!  I wish you the best and know I'll be at your door Easter morning with a half-gallon and two spoons! (one for you and one for me of course!)


No comments:

Post a Comment