Pages

November 7, 2014

Pumpkin Squares


Every time we make these pumpkin squares I have to take a plate to my neighbors.  They absolutely love them!  I made them for my bake sale and they were a hit.  Some people even asked to buy a whole tray!

Looks like someone sampled these already...

Yes, my neighbor was one of those people.  I saved him two (large!) pumpkin squares too!  Obviously that wasn't enough...

...don't mind if I do!
His obsession with pumpkin squares started about a year ago.  While we were on vacation, he offered to watch our horses and cats and get the mail.  How sweet :) To thank him for coming over, my mom and I made his family a tray of pumpkin squares. 

Pictures took a little too long
Now let me tell you...one batch makes quite a few pumpkin squares.  They're great to make for large groups, parties, or bake sales.  I think they returned the tray in two days...completely gone!  They're that addictive.  BEWARE!


Pumpkin Squares

by Simple and Sweet Creations
Ingredients
    Cake
    • 1 cup oil
    • 2 cups flour
    • 2 cups sugar
    • 15 ounces canned pumpkin
    • 4 eggs
    • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    Frosting
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 3 ounces cream cheese
    • 3/4 stick butter
    • 1 tablespoon milk
    • 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
    Instructions
    Combine first eight ingredients in the bowl of a standing mixer. Pour into a greased floured jelly roll pan.
    Bake at 350* F for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
    Beat remaining five ingredients in a standing mixer. Add more powdered sugar if frosting seems too runny.
    Frost cooled cake and cut into squares.

    VARIATION
    Omit frosting and sprinkle cooled cake with powdered sugar.

    Powered by Recipage

    No comments:

    Post a Comment