Pages

November 17, 2014

Chicken Parmesan


I am way too organized.  It's actually becoming a problem.  What!? How's that a problem?!  Let me explain... I organize my closet in rainbow order by style/season.  Papers and worksheets are all in chronological order.  I make lists for nearly everything...weeks in advance.  Going on a trip? Weeks before I'll make a list of things I want to pack.  Yes, even down to the number of socks and underwear. Things to Do, Weekly Menu, Grocery Lists, Dinner Options...I could make a list of all the lists I make but I think you get the point.  


Last week I was looking at my Dinner Options list trying to come up with a menu for the week.  What haven't we had in a while?  You'd think with a list of over forty choices we'd rarely eat the same thing. WRONG!  Most of the time it's the same ten or so things.  

This week I challenged myself to do all things we hadn't had in the past two weeks.  We had fish one night and stew beef another.  But the best was Friday's meal.  Chicken Parmesan!


I can't tell you the last time I made Chicken Parm.  Way too long!! Traditionally, the dish has a bad rep, but this version is waistline friendly!  Just what we'll be needing with Thanksgiving right around the corner!



Chicken Parmesan


Ingredients
  • 4 thin chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • Spaghetti or spaghetti squash (optional)
Instructions
In a shallow dish combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Place egg whites in a separate dish.
Dip chicken in egg then breadcrumb mixture. Repeat for a thicker breading.
Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Lightly spray tops of chicken with cooking spray.
Bake at 450º F for 20 minutes. Flip and bake an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment