Pages

October 29, 2014

Snicker Doodles


If you haven't guessed it already, I absolutely love Christmas! Not because I get presents and go shopping (well...those are pretty great too) but mostly because I get to give everyone gifts. Really. I look forward to it all year.

But since I have so many teachers it's hard to get them something they'll use that's not too expensive. Last year I may have given my teachers the best gift yet.  Everyone gives baked goods or little homemade treats. But unbaked goods? Now we're talkin!

Yep that's exactly what I did!  I gave each of my teachers a box of cookie dough balls. They loved it too! Why? Because who wants more sweets over the holidays? Since these were unbaked they could be saved for later.

Just one thing...make sure you include baking instructions...


Snicker Doodles

:Ingredients:
1 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
Cinnamon Sugar

:Directions:
In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the first six ingredients.
Stir in flour, adding more if batter is too sticky.
Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350* for 8 to 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2014, Grace George. Simple and Sweet Creations. All Rights Reserved.

Click for printable recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment