Pages

October 1, 2014

S&P Chicken


Would you believe it was 75 and sunny today? September... Ohio... 75... sunny... Something definitely isn't right.  I guess mother nature is just getting ready to shock us with winter. With our luck we'll get 10 feet of snow before Thanksgiving.

Now I probably just jinxed myself saying that...shoot.  Oh well, what are you going to do.  We Ohioans are used to 40 degree changes everyday.  It's why I keep my shorts and jeans in the closet all year round.  Who knows, I could be wearing flip flops for Christmas!

Since today was such a beautiful day, I didn't feel like starting the oven to cook dinner.  Why heat up the house when it's already hot outside?  And it just sounded like a good day for a salad.  Dinner Solution: Chicken Salads

When I plan on making salads for dinner, I usually make Italian Chicken.  But today...today just wasn't an Italian Chicken day. Wasn't feeling it.  So instead I whipped up some S&P Chicken. (yes...nothing like good old salt and pepper)

Cook it on the stove in a frying pan, in the oven in a glass dish, or even on the grill.  I've done them all!  Chop into bite size pieces and throw on a salad or sandwich...wallah!  Bon appetit!


Start by sprinkling your chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Since mine were a little bigger and I wanted them to cook fast, I cut them into smaller pieces.


Here's the many ways you could cook it...
Frying Pan: Place in a lightly greased frying pan and cook on medium heat until no longer pink.  
Oven: Place in a lightly greased glass baking dish and bake in a pre-heated 350* F oven for 30 minutes or until no longer pink.  Baking times will vary depending on your oven!
Grill: Grill until no longer pink.

Chop up for a salad or leave whole for a sandwich.


S & P Chicken

Ingredients
  • Chicken breasts
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Instructions
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
Choose your cooking method...
Chop into bite size pieces for a salad or leave whole for a sandwich.

Oven:
     Place in a lightly greased glass baking dish and bake at 350* F for 30 
     minutes or until no longer pink.
Frying Pan:
     Place in a lightly greased frying pan and cook over medium heat until no 
     longer pink.
Grill:
     Grill until no longer pink.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment