Pages

September 17, 2014

Microwave Scrambled Eggs


Over the last several years I've mastered cooking with an oven. The grill...that's another story. And the crock pot (as long as you remember to turn it on) is pretty hard to mess up. 

Unfortunately, college dorms permit none of these kitchen appliances. :( Microwave cooking?

My lack of appliance resources has inspired me to perfect some of our favorite comfort foods in the microwave. It only seems fitting to start with breakfast. Eggs anyone?

This took a lot longer to perfect than should have. I won't tell you how many times I blew them up and was left scrubbing the microwave. But now I got it! Yay!! And it must be your lucky day because I'm going to share it with you too! The hardest part is choosing whether you want your eggs scrambled or in a sandwich...



Start by cracking your eggs in a cereal bowl.  Add cheese and any other mix ins. I like broccoli, but you could also use onions, peppers, ham, sausage, bacon, etc.



Cover and microwave 20-25 seconds.  



Stir and continue microwaving in 20-25 second intervals, stirring each time.



Stop when the eggs reach your desired consistency.  
(Perfect!)



Serve with toast, a bagel, piece of fruit, etc. for a well-rounded, filling breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment