Pages

September 26, 2014

Banana Split Trail Mix



Every year the Arts and Crafts Department at our county fair hosts two special baking contests.  Last year on was a dish made with apples as the main ingredient and the other a unique popcorn flavor.  This year they challenged us once again to a contest called "Stuck Up" (any food on a stick) and "Hit the Trails" (trail mix).

The trail mix contest was a lot of fun.  I ended up making a really good banana split trail mix (if I may say so myself).  But my presentation wasn't over the top...so I didn't place.  :(  Trust me...I learned my lesson.  We made up for it in round two with these Buckeye Bars!





Everything I used can be found at Walmart.  If you want to use something fancier by all means please do...



I'll try not to make this too difficult...  Pour the ingredients into a bowl and mix.  

That's it!  Store in an air tight container!  Or maybe divide it among jars and give away as gifts.

Banana Split Trail Mix

by Simple and Sweet Creations

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces dried pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup banana chips
  • 6 ounces strawberry yogurt covered raisins
  • 8 ounces vanilla yogurt covered raisins
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup dried cherries

Instructions

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

Store in an air tight container.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment