Pages

September 18, 2014

Individual Turkey Meatloaves


Mondays have become my busy days.  Some weeks I even have to pack my breakfast, lunch, and dinner Sunday night!  To simplify this meal prep and still have a delicious meal I'm experimenting with some of my favorite dinners, making single servings and freezing them.  The first experiment...meatloaf...

I absolutely love meatloaf.  While chicken is my favorite, if I have to have beef it better be a meatloaf.  Warm, cold, fresh, day-old, there's nothing like my mom's homemade recipe.  But being the cook I am I had to try something different. Solution...turkey meatloaf!  It'll be perfect for my grandpa who has to watch his red meat intake too!  My version has been adapted from All Sorts of Pretty.  

One batch makes either 12 muffins (2-3 per serving) or 6 ramekins (1 per serving).  After using the muffin tins I think I'd make them in ramekins simply because they'd be easier to clean.  Not that the muffin tin was terrible but I'm all about easy clean up.


Start by preheating your oven to 350º F.  Combine the ground turkey, eggs, oats, zucchini, onions, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.  Mix until everything is well incorporated.  It's almost impossible to over mix!


Evenly divide among 12 muffin tins or 6 ramekins.  Bake muffins 25-30 minutes or ramekins 35-40 minutes.  


In a small bowl, combine ketchup, sugar, and dried mustard.  This sauce is so good...try not to eat it all like me!


Spoon (whatever sauce is left) evenly over the meatloaves.  Bake another 5 minutes.



Look how beautiful...and delicious!  The batch made 12...but I won't tell you how many I actually froze.  Let's just say they didn't all make it...



Turkey Meatloaf

by Simple and Sweet Creations
Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup oats, ground
  • 1 cup zucchini, grated
  • 1/3 cup onions, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2/3 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons sugar (or other sweetener)
  • 2 teaspoons mustard powder
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Combine first nine ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
Evenly divide among 12 muffin tins or 6 ramekins.
Bake muffins 25-30 minutes, ramekins 35-40 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard powder.
Spoon evenly over meatloaves.
Bake additional 5 minutes.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment