Pages

September 25, 2014

Baked Apple



It's official...I'll be able to survive in college!  Last night I perfected the most important microwave meal of the day...DESSERT!  Here's what my diet will consist of: Microwave Eggs for breakfast (and lunch, and dinner) and then this baked apple for dessert. :)  What college kid would complain about that?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy my mothers apple pies, crisps, and dumplings in a college dorm.  They'd get stolen before I had a chance to take a bite!  Mmmmm...I can taste 'em right now! 

I love how simple this little treat is to make.  Literally in 3 minutes it's all done.  And it only makes a single serving!  I had it for dessert last night, but it could make a great pre-workout or after-school snack, or even a mid-day treat.  Pair it with some greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, or milk for a breakfast too.




Cut your apple in half and scoop out the core.


Place cut side down in a microwave bowl with some water.


Microwave 1 1/2 minutes, flipping the apple over halfway through.  Be careful!  The apple and water may be hot!


Place apple on plate and stuff the centers with oats and brown sugar.  You can use honey or another sweetener instead of brown sugar.  I'd drizzle about a 1/2 tablespoon of honey over each core.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave another 30 seconds.  Look how delicious :) But be careful...mine was pretty warm...


Baked Apple

by Simple and Sweet Creations
Ingredients
  • 1 small apple
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon instant oats
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or other sweetener)
  • cinnamon
Instructions
Cut apple in half and remove core.
Place cut side down in a microwave bowl with water.
Microwave 1 1/2 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Place apple on plate and fill centers with oats and brown sugar.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave 30 seconds.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment