Pages

October 6, 2014

Strawberry Smoothie


For the past week our house has been filled with nothing but apples.  Apple pie fillings, apple dumplings, apple crisp, applesauce...  I'm pretty sick of apples.

So instead of an apple pie smoothie I decided to make a strawberry one.  Strawberries are such a good fruit for smoothies. Like bananas, they are sweet so you don't need much if any additional sugar, and if they're frozen they replace the ice too!

In June I make sure mom and I pick extra strawberries so we have enough to freeze for smoothies and yogurt parfaits.  I love mixing them in greek yogurt with blueberries, bananas, cinnamon, and honey. :)  Sometimes I even put some cheerios on top for a little crunch!

...I just gave myself an idea.  Greek yogurt with apples, honey, and apple cinnamon cheerios.  In a couple weeks when the apples are done I'll start experimenting with it and an apple pie smoothie. But now...I just can't do it.  



Start by combining all ingredients in a blender.  I like to put all the soft stuff on the bottom.  I think it blends easier.


Blend... (I like mine really smooth!)  Pour into a glass and enjoy! :) 




Strawberry Smoothie

by Simple and Sweet Creations
Ingredients
  • 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Ice (if using fresh berries)
Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into glass and enjoy.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment